Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Our New Kitchen!


I'm so grateful to share with you what our NEW kitchen looks like! I cannot emphasize how we wouldn't be at the place we are without the help from Jennifer, Chauncey, and even Khaki (Cohen just hung around for a good smile!). It's really incredible to look back at the old pictures and remember both what it was like at the beginning, and what it was during the process. Whew!

To say our kitchen is beautiful seems like an understatement to me. Where an old door used to be, a refrigerator sits. The carpet in the kitchen and the linoleum hidden underneath were both ripped up (thanks to Seth Ashley!) and the new tile was laid in its place. The lighting was totally changed out and replaced with beautiful can lights. I don't know if I can pick a favorite thing in there, but I LOVE the pull-out trash cabinet, the dishwasher panel that matches our cabinets, the deep drawers for pots and pans and all of the no-slam dampeners on our drawers and doors!

All of this was made possible because of Jennifer and Chauncey. They worked tirelessly to help us clear things out, add insulation in the exterior wall from the kitchen, drywall, tape & bed and texture all of the walls. Chauncey designed the kitchen for us, putting together all of the small details that make us love our kitchen so much! We couldn't have done it without them, and it wouldn't be what it is without him.

I absolutely LOVE our paint color too. I don't think that the pictures do it justice, but you can get an idea! We still have some things to get finished in the kitchen, but we feel like normal, functioning people again having a kitchen. We still have to install the backsplash tile, a white subway tile, and finalize what we're going to put on the bar counter top. We're considering doing a custom, concrete countertop, but not really sure right now. I cannot tell you how much I LOVE our new kitchen. It is a breath of fresh air and a piece of normal life for us again!

5 comments:

  1. wow!! what a transformation! love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so beautiful! Fantastic job, you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love everything, the cabinets, sink, stove, color!! You guys have done an amazing job!! I really like the kitchen paint color, too bad my husband isn't a fan of blue otherwise I would be painting ours that color.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amanda, Thank you so much! It's really feeling a lot more worth all of this chaos now that we're close to having a normal life again :) I absolutely LOVE the paint color too!

    ReplyDelete